Hi everyone! I recently returned from vacation and I’m back to blogging. ❤ School has also started for me which means balancing reading, blogging, and school. I think I underestimated the amount of time school and extra curriculars take; so during the school year I will try my best to post at least once a week. Today’s post is my August Wrap Up, sorry for the late post!
Books I Read
I read the same (well, basically the same) number of books as last month. I feel that since I read around four books a month during the summer, I’ll probably read two books a month during the school year. Although I would love to read more, I’m a slow reader, so I guess that means my TBR will never get smaller 🙂 😂 If I read (or average) two books per month for the rest of this year, I’ll be very happy!
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (I’m happy to say I have now been able to join in on the talk about the most ‘popular’ series at the moment!)
PS I Still Love You by Jenny Han⭐️⭐️⭐️ (I wish I liked this book more than I did 😦 )
Save the Date by Morgan Matson ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi ⭐️⭐️.75
Thorne of Glass by Sarah J Mass (Currently Reading; I didn’t finish reading it this month even though I said in my last wrap up that I must read it in August ahh 😦 )
Reviews for these books above are coming soon.
Books I Must Read in September
Since I’m in a small reading slump right now I’ll just put one book I really want to read:
I watched two amazing movies this month and of course I had to mention them! They were both so fantastic in so many ways (ie. script, actors, directing, etc.). The Asian representation in these movies is also so important and an added bonus! ❤
This month hasn’t been too great in regards to blogging for me. My blog stats have gone slightly higher since last month but I’m finding that it is sometimes difficult to find the time to write. I also went on vacation at the end of this month so I took a small break from blogging. I hope for a better month in September!
On a more positive note I’m planning a giveaway when I reach 250 or 300 WordPress followers! My goal for September regarding blog stats is to reach 200 WordPress followers. 😊
Favourite Posts I Wrote
Posts I Loved from the Blogosphere
- Marta shares everything you need to know about reading slumps
- @Bookishpisces wrote about the importance of libraries and it made me appreciate libraries even more.
- Marie’s post on how to support international book bloggers is wonderful and educative; I learned a lot.
- Aimee’s post on her favourite scenes of ‘To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before’ is fun and relatable. I was totally fangirling over the movie while reading this post!
- Andie created an original tag! It is a fun tag based on ‘The Greatest Showman.’
- Olivia’s blog turns two years old and she is hosting an international giveway! She is an amazing blogger and friend; give her blog a visit!
- Aurora wrote a creative book recommendations post based on what books she imagines are on Lara Jean’s bookshelf!
How was your month? What are some books that you read and did you like those books? Did you watch any good movies?
Thank you for reading,